This is a intensely flavorful, quick, and easy dish that is Whole30 compliant. Proves that Whole30 can tickle the taste buds!
Whole30 Orange Chicken with Snow Peas
- 1 pound chicken, cut into bite size pieces (dark meat works best)
- salt & pepper
- 3 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder can use fresh if you want
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot powder
- 2 cups snow peas
- 1 onion sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Sprinkle salt & pepper on chicken and stir to evenly coat.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add 2 Tbsp sesame oil and chicken.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until mostly cooked through.
- In a small bowl, combine orange zest and juice, coconut aminos, ginger, tomato paste, red pepper, arrowroot, and garlic powder.
- Stir as best you can until smooth.
- Pour over chicken and stir to evenly coat.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through.
- While that is cooking, in a medium skillet over medium high heat, add 1 Tbsp sesame oil.
- After hot, add snow peas, onions, and cashews.
- After cooked but still crunchy, add to skillet with chicken.
- Remove larger skillet from heat and toss to coat.
- Serve and enjoy