This is a super simple dish that is ready in 15 minutes. Pair it with a salad, rice, or pasta for a quick and delicious week night meal.
- 1 1/2 pounds halibut fillets, cut into 4 pieces
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 12 to 15 fresh sage leaves
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup coarse homemade bread crumbs, toasted
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Season fish on both sides with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Pour oil into a skillet and set to medium-high heat.
- When oil is hot, swirl to evenly coat the pan, then add fish in a single layer.
- Let cook undisturbed for 3 to 4 minutes, until first side is nicely browned.
- Adjust the heat as needed to produce a steady sizzle and prevent scorching.
- Flip and cook fish for about another 3 minutes, until just done.
- Transfer cooked fish to a warm platter or serving plates.
- Place skillet back on the stove over medium-high heat.
- Add butter and sage leaves.
- Cook butter, swirling the pan, until foamy and just beginning to brown, about 1 minute.
- Turn off heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Spoon butter sauce and sage leaves over fish.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and parsley.
- Serve immediately, with lemon wedges.