This is a quick and delicious meal that comes together in 15 minutes and gives you another 30 minutes to wind down from your busy day while it finishes in the oven. You could make it Whole 30 if you replaced the beans with potatoes.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher Salt
- 1 pint baby bella mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry if oil packed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 450°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large oven-safe skillet with a lid over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place skin-side down in the pan and sear until golden-brown, about 5 minutes.
- Flip and sear until the other side is golden-brown, 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Transfer skin-side up to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet along with the mushrooms.
- Sauté, scraping up the browned bits at the bottom of the pan, until browned and just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, rosemary, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Sauté for 1 minute more.
- Stir in the white beans and broth.
- Nestle the seared chicken breasts skin-side up in the mushroom mixture, and add any accumulated chicken juices on the plate.
- Roast uncovered until the thickest piece of chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F, about 30 minutes.Serve in shallow bowls, spooning some of the sauce over the chicken and vegetables.