This is an excellent fish dish made on a sheet pan in the oven. Easily cut in half or multiplied. Other steaky fish would work with this recipe as well. Since it comes with a hearty vegetable mixture, serve with pasta or rice if you are hungry. Or, with some warm bread.
- Medium size yellow onion, sliced thin
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced ¼” thick
- 1 red bell pepper, ¼” wide strips
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 28oz. can crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup red wine
- ¼ cup capers, drained
- 4 swordfish steaks
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine the onions, mushrooms, bell pepper, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, and olive oil on sheet pan.
- Toss well, and arrange in a single layer.
- Roast until softened and slightly brown, about 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven.
- In a large bowl, stir together tomatoes, wine, pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour this mixture over the roasted vegetables, stir to combine.
- Pat the swordfish steaks dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on top of vegetable mixture in pan.
- Drizzle remaining olive oil on top of fish, and top with capers.
- Return pan to the oven.
- Bake until sauce thickens and fish is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle parsley on top and serve immediately.
- Serve fish on plate with vegetable mixture.
- You could always serve with rice or pasta.