This is quick, easy, luscious, and delicious. Make it immediately!
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon filets
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground peppercorn mix
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Bourbon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (grade B)
- 1 orange, juice and zest
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Sprinkle both sides of the salmon filets with the salt and pepper.
- Add bourbon, maple syrup, orange juice, and zest to a small saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer, and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the glaze reduces and thickens.
- In a 12 inch, oven safe skillet, heat the 2 tablespoons vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Heat until the oil is shimmering.
- Add the salmon to the pan, skin side up.
- Shake the pan to get oil under the salmon.
- Then let them sit and sear for 3 minutes, do not move them.
- Turn off the heat, flip the salmon skin side down.
- Brush the salmon generously with the maple orange glaze.
- Slide the frypan into the oven and roast for about 5 minutes.
- Salmon should be barely cooked in the center.
- Internal temperature is 130°F, and the thickest part has just turned opaque.
- Remove the salmon from the oven (be careful, the handle of the pan is searing hot).
- Transfer immediately to a serving plate.
- Brush the salmon one more time with the maple orange glaze, and serve.