Here I am sitting at home trying to fight off a cold or flu. My wife and son are going snowshoeing, and I am crazy envious. They will probably be cold and in need of warmth when they return, so I am making some ramen soup. Hopefully, it will make me feel better too.
Slow Cooker Pork Ramen Soup
- 1 slab pork ribs, silver skin removed
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup apple juice
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- The juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- Ramen noodles
- Garnish options: Cilantro, sliced carrots, green onions, jalapeños, lime wedges
- Add pork, chicken broth, apple juice, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, chili paste, lime juice and brown sugar to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove ribs and shred, discarding bones
- Return meat to the slow cooker along with the mushrooms.
- Cover and cook 20 minutes.
- Add ramen noodles to the pot and cook for 10 minutes or until noodles are cooked completely.
- Spoon into bowls and top with your choice of garnish.