Try this quick and tasty take on chicken salad. Delicious!
Chinese Chicken Salad
- 2 oranges
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp Asian chili garlic sauce
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 (8 ounce) chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, sliced thin
- 1/2 small head napa cabbage, cored and sliced thin (4 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 2 inch long matchsticks
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- 6 scallions, sliced thin
- Cut thin slice from top and bottom of oranges, then slice off rind and pith.
- Working over bowl, cut orange segments from membrane and transfer segments to second bowl.
- Squeeze juice from membrane into first bowl (juice should measure ¼ cup).
- Combine orange juice, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, sugar, and chili garlic sauce in bowl.
- Pour 1/4 cup orange juice mixture over chicken.
- Slowly whisk vegetable oil and sesame oil into remaining orange juice mixture to make vinaigrette.
- Toss romaine, cabbage, bell peppers, carrots, cilantro, peanuts, and scallions with vinaigrette in large bowl.
- Transfer to serving platter and top with chicken and oranges. Serve.