Here is another nice Italian soup, just like you can get at Olive Garden. Quick and easy.
Pasta e Fagioli
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, small dice
- 2 carrots, small dice
- 2 stalks celery, small dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 14.5-ounce cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can great northern beans, rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 12-ounce can V-8 juice
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 1 Tbsp basil
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 pound ditali pasta
- Brown the ground beef in a large saucepan or pot over medium heat.
- Drain off most of the fat.
- Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except pasta, and simmer for 1 hour.
- About 50 minutes into simmer time, cook the pasta in 2 quarts of boiling water over high heat.
- Cook for 10 minutes or just until pasta is al dente, or slightly tough. Drain.
- Add the pasta to the large pot of soup.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes and serve.