I bought some fresh spinach at the farmers market this morning. While shopping, I also found some very nice blackberries and raspberries. I thought that would make a nice salad with candied pecans and goat cheese. Adding sliced grilled pork tenderloin in the middle made it an easy dinner salad. I cheated and bought some crispy onion topping from the store. Unfortunately, you could tell they were store bought.
Berry Spinach Salad with Pork Tenderloin
- 2 pound pork tenderloin, seasoned the way you like it
- 2 bunches fresh spinach
- 1/2 pint black berries
- 1/2 pint raspberries
- handful pecans
- crumbled goat cheese
- crispy onions
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- Start grilling the pork tenderloin on low.
- Melt butter and brown sugar in a skillet.
- Throw in the pecan and a little salt.
- Thoroughly coat and cook them until covered.
- Set aside to cool.
- Wash and arrange your spinach on your favorite platter.
- Add berries, crispy onions, goat cheese, and pecans.
- In a bowl, whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and zest with some fresh cracked black pepper.
- Once the pork tenderloin is done, allow to rest fr 5 minutes.
- Slice and arrange in the center of your salad.
- Drizzle with balsamic dressing and serve.