It’s hot! We are looking at a long stretch of 90+ degrees. The last thing I want to do is heat up the kitchen. It’s grillin’ time! I used carrots, potatoes, and corn, but use whatever vegetable you want. Since these need a little cooking first I just threw the all in a pot of boiling water. Potatoes first, then carrots, and corn last. I did not want to fully cook them, just did not want them to take forever on the grill. The pesto is a variation on traditional. The feta cheese lightens it up and makes it creamy. Give it a try.
Grilled Veggies with Herb Feta Pesto
- 2 ears corn
- 1 pound small potatoes, mixed
- 1 bunch carrots
- 1 cup fresh herbs, mostly basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Boil potatoes for 20 minutes.
- Boil carrots for 10 minutes.
- Boil ears of corn for 5 minutes.
- Set aside to dry.
- Liberally coat with olive oil and salt.
- In a food processor, add herbs.
- I used mostly basil, but added thyme, chives, and rosemary.
- Add minced garlic. olive oil, feta cheese.
- Spin until smooth and fluffy.
- Grill vegetables until charred in places.
- Serve with herb feta pesto.