Another quick Asian dish. The coconut milk adds a nice richness that is balanced by the lime juice. Of course hot sauce is very tasty here. Or if your dining companion has a tender tongue, you can add red pepper flakes on your plate.
Coconut Curry Shrimp
- 2 TBsp butter
- 1 pound peeled and deveined raw shrimp
- 1 whole medium onion, small dice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp honey
- salt and pepper
- 1 whole lime, juiced
- 12 whole basil leaves, chopped
- 2 cups basmati Rice, cooked according to directions
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn them over, cook another 2 minutes.
- Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and stir to cook for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the curry powder over the onions.
- Continue cooking the onion for another couple of minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium low.
- Pour in the coconut milk, stirring to combine.
- Add honey, salt and pepper, and lime juice.
- Allow the sauce to heat up until bubbling gently.
- Add shrimp into the sauce, tossing to coat.
- Allow it to simmer until slightly thickened.
- Taste the sauce and add more salt, lime juice, or honey depending on your taste.
- Stir in the basil.
- Add hot sauce if you want a little kick.
- Serve shrimp and sauce over a bed of cooked basmati rice, garnishing with more basil.