With all the fresh summer vegetables, I need to keep finding ways to use them. If you are in a hurry, you can always stop and buy a rotisserie chicken from the store. Use whatever vegetables look good to you. This dish is easily customizable. Serve with a nice salad too.
Chicken Mascarpone Primavera
- 1 pound penne rigate
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 4 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound green beans, cut into 1 inch lengths and blanched until al dente
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 yellow squash, thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast, grilled and diced or shredded.
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- Balsamic vinegar
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the penne until al dente.
- Drain the pasta, reserving about 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the mascarpone and sherry vinegar.
- Cook over low heat until melted; keep warm.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add the green beans,zucchini, yellow squash, and shallots.
- Sauté until tender and lightly browned.
- Add the chicken, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Cook just until warmed through.
- In a large bowl, toss the pasta with the skillet contents and the mascarpone sauce.
- Add some of the reserved cooking liquid if the pasta seems dry.
- Sprinkle with the basil and spoon onto plates.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.