I really love corn, but not really lima beans. So here is a version of succotash without the lima beans. You can make succotash with any vegetable you like as long as it has corn in it. That is what makes it succotash. I found some really fresh corn for early in the season at the market. I wonder where it was grown because it is so early in the season. At any rate, it was very good.
- 2 strips of bacon
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 ears of corn
- 2 Roma tomatoes, medium dice
- 1 medium zucchini, medium dice
- 1 medium onion, medium dice
- salt & pepper
- Cook bacon and dice it into pieces.
- Boil corn for about 10 minutes.
- Cut kernels from cob.
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Add onion and cook until soft.
- Add rest of the vegetables.
- Stir and cook about 5 minutes.
- Top with bacon pieces and serve.