This dish is an easy variation on Salisbury Steak. Comfort food to the max!
Salisbury Steak Meatballs and Noodles
- 1/2 cup milk
- 10 Tbsp instant potato flakes
- 1 1/4 pound 93 percent lean ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, halved and sliced thin
- Package of brown gravy
- 1 pound egg noodles
- Whisk milk, potato flakes, salt and pepper in large bowl.
- Add beef and knead until combined.
- Shape into four ½ to 1 inch round meatballs and transfer to plate.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Melt 2 tablespoon butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook meatballs until well browned.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Transfer meatballs to oven safe serving platter.
- Keep warm in oven while cooking onions.
- Add onion and remaining butter to empty skillet and cook.
- Cook until onion is softened and brown, about 10 minutes.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Cook gravy according to package directions.
- Add gravy to onions.
- Drain noodles and put on serving platter.
- Cover with gravy, onions, and meatballs.
- Garnish with parsley and parmesan cheese.