This is a quick pasta dish with fresh vegetables. Use whatever is fresh or whatever you like the best.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, small dice
- 1 zucchini, small dice
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 whole basil leaves, chopped or chiffonade
- ¾ cups cooked ham, large dice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- extra parmesan, for serving
- extra basil, for serving
- 1 pound cheese or spinach tortellini
- Cook tortellini a couple of minutes less than package directions.
- Drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the carrots, stir, and cook 3 minutes.
- Add the onions, zucchini, and garlic and stir to cook until softened.
- Splash in wine and broth, then cook for 3 minutes, until the liquid reduces a bit.
- Stir in cream and Parmesan.
- When the mixture is hot, stir in peas, ham, salt, and pepper.
- Allow them to heat up in the sauce.
- When the sauce is hot, stir in the tortellini.
- Check for seasonings, add more if needed.
- Serve with extra Parmesan and basil.