Sometimes it is nice to have something different on a hamburger bun besides beef. Here is a recipe for a fried chicken sandwich. This is an attempt to make a piece of chicken breast like at Chick-fil-A. To make it like them, just top with a couple pickles. I like mine with mustard, bacon, lettuce, and pickles. Make it the sandwich the way you like it. Go crazy! I made some homemade potato chips to go with it.
Fried Chicken Sandwich
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- vegetable oil
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper
- mix egg and milk in shallow dish.
- Mix flour and powdered sugar in another shallow dish.
- Pour enough vegetable oil into a large skillet or dutch oven to at least one inch deep.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees.
- Coat chicken in egg and milk mixture.
- Let drip and then coat both sides in flour and sugar mixture.
- Carefully add to hot oil.
- Cook until done, use an instant read thermometer if necessary.
- Place on a wire rack to let excess oil drain away.
- Keep warm in a 250 degree oven if necessary.
- Build sandwich with all your favorite toppings.