Chicken Satay is thin strips of chicken dry rubbed or wet marinated, skewered on sticks, and grilled. I marinated these with Guy Fieri’s Teriyaki sauce. I also made a Thai cucumber relish that you see paired with Chicken Satay in a lot of Thai restaurants. I served this with basic fried rice for a nice asian inspired meal.
Thai Cucumber Relish
For the Dressing
- ⅓ cup white vinegar
- ⅓ sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ tsp coarse salt
- 1 clove garlic, flattened slightly
For the Relish
- 1 large cucumber, peeled
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- 1 hot red chili pepper
- ½ red onion, small dice
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp peanuts, chopped
- Prepare the dressing.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer until all ingredients except garlic are dissolved.
- Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- Discard garlic.
- Slice the cucumber lengthwise into quarters.
- Dice crosswise into ¼ inch dice.
- Add cucumber, shallot, chili, onion, and cilantro to dressing.
- Toss to combine.
- Let sit at room temperature for one hour.
- Add the peanuts just before serving.