Sometimes, a nice hearty salad with big bold flavors is what you want for dinner. Add some grilled chicken on top of this salad and serve with some crusty bread, and you got a hearty dinner that is just a salad.
Caramelized Onion, Pear, and Goat Cheese Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
- 8 ounces spring mix
- 6 ounces baby spinach
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- 1 pear, sliced thin
- 1½ cups red grapes, halved
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 Tbsp real maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Dijon
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a Tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the thinly sliced onion, toss to coat.
- Cook until the onion is soft and caramel brown.
- Set onions aside on a plate.
- In 350 degree oven, toast the pecans for 5-7 minutes.
- Toss together the greens, caramelized onions, pecans, pear, grapes, cranberries and goat cheese.
To make the vinaigrette,
- Place all ingredients but the olive oil in a jar, seal, and shake until well combined.
- Add the oil and shake again until smooth.
- Serve salad with vinaigrette.