Here is a nice cocktail to put you in the mood for the season. The lime juice really balances the sweetness of the bourbon, and the maple syrup adds a litle of it back in. The woodsiness of the maple syrup compliments the smokiness of the bourbon. All in all, this is a nicely balanced cocktail. I will definitely have it again.
- 2 Lime wheels for bottom of glass
- 0.5 oz dark maple syrup
- 1 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1.5 oz your favorite bourbon
- Club soda
- Lime wheels for garnish
- Put two lime wheels in a highball glass and fill the glass with ice.
- Combine the maple syrup, lime juice and bourbon in a shaker.
- Shake it like you mean it!
- Pour over ice in glass.
- Top with club soda.
- Stir briefly to combine.
- Top with more lime wheels for garnish.