Most Mondays I need something easy to cook, and pizza is a good choice. Of course, dough prepared from scratch is best. But if you are in a hurry, you can pick up fresh dough from some grocery stores. And if you forget that, dough from a can or pre-baked pizza dough is not a bad choice. Below is a quick recipe for a nice veggie pizza. The other good thing about pizza is that anything goes for toppings. Just top with what you like. I could not resist adding some prosciutto.
Diced Veggie Pizza
- Pizza dough: fresh, store bought, from a package, from a can
- olive oil or pureed red sauce
- ½ small red onion, small dice
- ½ green pepper, small dice
- 2 roma tomatoes, small dice
- 4 mushrooms, small dice
- 2 cups pizza cheese
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Prepare pizza dough as per instructions.
- Place pizza dough on peel or pan as appropriate.
- If using red sauce, lightly coat top of pizza.
- If using red sauce, omit olive oil from veggie mixture.
- To a medium bowl add oil, seasonings, and vegetables.
- Toss to combine.
- Depending on your preference, the sequence of the next two steps is your choice.
- Top pizza with cheese.
- Top pizza with vegetables.
- Bake in oven until crust is done, veggies are browning, and cheese is bubbly.