This is my first recipe that I am trying from the beautiful food porn book “What Katie Ate.” This book had me sold the moment I open its cover and gazed at the wonderful pictures. The recipes look straight forward and easy to make. This dish is recommended to be served over herbed rice, but I thought I would go with my fried rice. After having made this, I would reduce the amount of lemon juice. It was pretty tangy. Next time, I am going down from 3/4 cup to 1/2 cup lemon juice. And if that is still too tangy, I will go down to 1/4 cup. It was still very tasty and packed a lot of flavor.
Katie’s Lemon Chicken
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup Italian Salad Dressing
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Mix together flour, paprika, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Toss the chicken in the flour.
- Place in a casserole dish.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Turn chicken pieces over.
- Pour lemon sauce over chicken pieces.
- Bake for another 30 minutes at 200 degrees.
- Serve over rice.