It’s Monday and I need something simple. I am thinking grilled chicken with a maple whiskey glaze. Mmmmmmm, that sounds good. I am going to pair this with a chickpea and roasted red pepper salad. I will put that recipe up tomorrow after I play with the ingredients while I am grilling the chicken. In the meantime, here is the glaze.
Grilled Chicken with Maple Whiskey Glaze
- 4 thinly sliced chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 Tbsp Jack Daniels whiskey
- 1 Tbsp oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- Season chicken breast and place in a container to marinate.
- Add oil, whiskey, and maple syrup.
- Toss to coat evenly.
- Marinate at least several hours.
- Grill, brushing with remaining marinade.
- Watch closely as the high sugar content burns easily.