I am going to try another take at steak fajitas tonight. This is a simpler version of the previous Steak Fajitas recipe I used. Hmmmm, I was going to link to my previous recipe of steak fajitas, but I just realized I never posted that one. I guess I will have to do that another time. Anyway, here is a very simple take on steak fajitas. Always good with Roasted Tomato Salsa and Basic Guacamole.
Steak Fajitas #2
- 1 flank steak
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut for grilling
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut for grilling
- Generously sprinkle both sides of steak with lime juice, chili powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Let marinate while you prepare salsa and guacamole.
- Grill steak, covered, until well seared and dark brown on one side, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Flip steak; grill until interior of meat is slightly less done than you want it to be when you eat it,
- Transfer meat to cutting board; cover loosely with foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Grill onions and peppers, covered, turning occasionally.
- Remove vegetables from grill and cut into long, thin strips.
- Slice steak very thin on bias against grain.
- Adjust seasonings with additional lime, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange sliced meat and vegetables on large platter.
Serve immediately with tortillas, salsa, and guacamole.