Hey, remember when we made the Chicken Stuffed Roasted Pobalno Peppers yesterday? Well, you didn’t think we were just going to drink a soda with it. Did you? It’s berry season! In Colorado, that is a BIG maybe. At least they are showing up in the store and they are not five dollars a pint anymore. I love blackberries, and I just had to make a blackberry margarita. I chose to kick it up a notch and use Leopold Brothers Blackberry Liqueur, but you could always just puree some blackberries instead. Or make blackberry simple syrup. I like 100% Blue Agave Blanco Tequilas in my margaritas. Herrdura Silver, El Corazon Silver, and Milagro Silver are all favorites of mine.
- 1.5 ounce blanco tequila (I used El Corazon Blanco)
- 0.5 ounce Cointreau
- 0.5 ounce Leopold Brothers Blackberry Liqueur
- 1.5 ounce fresh sqeezed lime juice
- 1.5 ounce simple syrup
- 3 blackberries
- Add all ingredients except blackberries to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice.
- Shake it like you mean it for at least one minute.
- Your choice as to whether you sugar, salt the rim, or leave it alone.
- Pour into a margarita glass.
- Garnish with three blackberries skewered on a cocktail pick.
- Sip immediately!