Everyone in my family loves these green beans more than I do. I like them OK, but if my son will actually eat something green, there must be something to them. They are very easy and highly customize able, but this version seems to the the most popular.
Lemon Garlic Green Beans
- Double handful of green beans with ends cut off
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Boil green beans in salted water for 7 minutes.
- Immediate place in ice water to stop cooking
- Drain and dry.
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Heat garlic until fragrant.
- Add lemon juice and green beans.
- Cook until heated again.
- Sprinkle with almonds and serve.