My daughter has brought back another delicious cocktail from Portland, OR. The last time it was the Gin and Ginger. This time it is a Whiskey Bramble from the South Park Seafood Grill and Wine Bar. Of course there can be lots of variations here, but the one below is our favorite. We went all high end with the bourbon and creme de cassis. Just use your favorites. This is a great transition drink from winter to spring. The bourbon and fruit paired with the light taste of the elderflower liqueur makes a delightful springtime whiskey bramble.
- 1 1/2 ounce Four Roses Bourbon
- 1 1/2 ounce Joseph Cartron Creme de Cassis
- 3/4 ounce St. Germain Elderflower
- Put all ingredients into a cocktail shaker.
- Add one cup crushed ice.
- Shake it like you mean it.
- Strain into a chilled glass of your choice.
- Garnish with an orange peel.