I finally bought a bottle of Cachaca. With me loving rum and limes, this was a must so I could try the national drink of Brazil. The Caipirinha is the national cocktail of Brazil made with Cachaca, lime, and sugar.Until recently, it was unknown outside of Brazil. But now it is so popular that the International Bartenders Association has designated it an Official Cocktail. It is very simple to make and very refreshing. I can definitely see myself drinking lots of these on the deck this summer.
- ½ lime cut into quarters
- 3 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 ounces cachaca
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Sugar Cane stick
- Get an Old Fashioned glass.
- Cut the half lime into quarters.
- Put the lime into the glass.
- Add the sugar.
- Muddle thoroughly until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the Cachaca and crushed ice.
- Stir with sugar cane stick.
- Leave in sugar cane as a garnish.