I needed something light, quick, and easy for dinner. Sounds like chicken piccata! Serve with some angel hair pasta and cover with freshly grated parmigiano reggiano. A nice light salad would be good here too.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, thin (about 1 pound)
- salt & pepper
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp capers
- 1 cup low salt chicken broth
- 2-3 small lemons
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Pat chicken breasts dry, season with season with salt and pepper.
- Place flour in gallon plastic bag, add chicken and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in large skillet until shimmering.
- Cook chicken on both sides until golden brown.
- Place chicken in serving dish and put in 250 degree oven to keep warm.
- Add garlic to skillet and heat until fragrant.
- Deglaze skillet with wine.
- Add chicken broth, juice and zest from 2 lemons.
- Reduce by half and add capers.
- Off heat, melt butter into sauce.
- Pour sauce over chicken breasts.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon slices.