I actually made this last night (Saturday), but did not post right away. I have been making this so long, I had to stop and think for a bit about the recipe. You can play with the seasonings a bit if you wish, crank up the basil, rosemary, or thyme depending on which is your favorite.
Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 cups cubed or shredded chicken
- 2 carrots, diced small
- 2 celery ribs, diced small
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 1 medium potato, diced small
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 Tbsp Poultry seasoning
- salt & pepper
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup half & half
- pie dough for top
- Melt one tablespoon butter in large non-stick skillet.
- Sautee carrots and potatoes for 4 minutes.
- Add onions, celery, seasonings, and sautee for another 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir continuously for an additional minutes.
- Add remaining tablespoon of butter and melt.
- Add flour and cook, stirring constantly for another 4 minutes.
- Slowly add milk and broth stirring constantly.
- Add chicken and peas and stir until thickened.
- Pour into pie dish.
- Top with rolled out pie dough and cut slits.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.