For whatever reason blackberries are cheap this month. Also, it is the middle of January and almost 70 degrees on the Front Range of Colorado. These two items combined made me think of summer. So I grilled up some pork chops and made this light refreshing salad that I usually have in the summer. Enjoy this and dream of summer days that are still are long way off.
Lime Ginger Vinaigrette
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 2 tsp finely chopped shallots
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp agave or raw honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk all ingredients together.
- 1 cup blackberries
- 2 cups lettuce or salad greens of your choice
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Toss all ingredients together.
- Top with vinaigrette to taste.