I am all about cooking easy on Mondays, so it’s slow cooker time. This is a copy cat recipe from 20 years ago that I still make every now and then. It is a very mild chili, but still tasty and good on cold days. You can always alter it to go for more gusto and heat. As is, it tastes pretty close to what you get from Wendy’s. Just fresher.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained
- 1 15-ounce can petite diced tomatoes, or 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups water
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat.
- Crumble the beef as you cook.
- In a slow cooker, combine the beef plus all the remaining ingredients.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Serve with all your favorite chili toppings.
- Makes about 6 servings.