This is a recipe adapted from Guy Fieri’s dish that won the second Food Network Star. I do not normally like cream sauces, but I love this one. I also made panzanella to go with it. Yum!
Blackened Chicken Alfredo
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Rendezvous Rib Rub
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup roughly chopped marinated sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound cooked fettuccine
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in the rib rub.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over very high heat.
- Carefully place chicken in skillet.
- Blacken both sides of the chicken.
- Place in the oven until cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions and place in a large bowl.
- Once chicken is done, slice in strips on the bias and cover to keep warm.
- In a saute pan over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Add garlic and lightly caramelize.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine.
- Add the heavy cream, increase the heat to a simmer, and reduce the cream sauce by half.
- Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan, salt, pepper, and chicken slices.
- Pour over pasta in bowl and toss.
- Divide among plates.
- Garnish with scallions and more Parmesan.