A couple of months ago, we made some Slow Cooker Carnitas. There was some left, so it went into the freezer for a later use. The time to use it is now. I thawed the meat and wrapped it up with some shredded pepper jack cheese into a burrito. I heated it up in a 350 degree oven. Serve this with some lettuce, tomato, and fresh salsa. Try the pineapple salsa below, it compliments the pork very well. Or, top the burrito with all your favorites. Maybe there is some green chili hiding in your freeze somewhere.
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, 1/4 inch dice
- 1 red bell pepper, 1/4 inch dice
- 1 jalapeno chile, tiny dice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 red onion, 1/4 inch dice
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- For chunky salsa: combine all ingredients in bowl.
- For a smoother consistency, use food processor or blender.
- Pulse until desired consistency.
- Can be made up to a day ahead, but let sit at least an hour.