I love greek fast food! I especially love grilled meats covered with tzatiki sauce. Here is something easy. Marinate some cubes of chicken in olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and oregano. Add to a skewer alternating between chicken and some chunks of onion, yellow or red. Grill until done and remove from skewers. Squeeze some more lemon juice on top and wrap in warm pita bread. Top with the tzatziki sauce below and enjoy! By the way, it is 20 degrees outside today, but I still fired up the gas grill.
- 1/2 cup seeded, shredded cucumber
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper, taste
- Toss the shredded cucumber with 1 teaspoon salt.
- Allow to sit at least 5 minutes wrapped in a paper towel.
- Get a medium bowl or small food processor.
- Mix the yogurt, sour cream, lemon juice, rice vinegar, and olive oil.
- Season with garlic, fresh dill, and oregano.
- Squeeze the cucumber to remove any excess water.
- Stir into sauce.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.