This was originally going to be Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili, but the morning did not go as planned. However, it works just as well being fast cooked. I did modify the recipe to accommodate for the change. At some point in the future I will make the slow cooker version. I had some extra yellow and orange bell pepper that I needed to use so they went in with the onions too. I also used grilled chicken for extra smoky flavor. Serve with your favorite chili condiments; jalapenos, sour cream, cheese, etc.
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- 2 (16-ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can white hominy, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups shredded, sliced, or diced chicken
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 2 jalapeño chiles, seeded and chopped fine
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1/2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- Puree 1/2 can beans, hominy, broth, and ¾ teaspoon salt in blender until smooth.
- Add vegetable oil to medium high heated large pot until shimmering.
- Cook onions, chiles, and ½ teaspoon salt until golden brown.
- Stir occasionally for about 8 minutes.
- Add garlic, cumin, and coriander and cook until fragrant.
- Add contents of blender to pot.
- Add remaining beans to pot.
- Add chicken to pot.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for about 30 -60 minutes stirring occasionally.