We love black pepper beef from JP’s Asian Bistro. I want to see if I can recreate it. I am going to start with this recipe below, and see where it takes us. I am, however, going to stop at JP’s on the way home and pick up some appetizers.
Black Pepper Beef
- 8 oz beef tenderloin, flank steak or strip steak, cut into strips
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Thumb sized piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, large dice
- 1 small red bell pepper, large dice
- 1 small onion, cut into strips
- 1 Tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp Chinese rice wine or sherry
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add 1 Tbsp soy sauce to medium bowl.
- Add the beef to the bowl and marinate about 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a wok or skillet over high heat.
- Remove beef from marinade with slotted spoon.
- Stir-fry the beef until the beef is browned on the outside but still pink inside.
- Dish out and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok or skillet over high heat.
- Add the green bell pepper, red bell pepper, onion, and black pepper.
- Stir-fry until vegetables are just heated.
- Add garlic and ginger and stir-fry until aromatic.
- Transfer the beef back into the wok or skillet.
- Stir-fry until the beef is cooked through and the center of the meat is no longer pink.
- Add sauce to skillet and heat through.
- Dish out and serve immediately with steamed or fried rice.