Below is a simple recipe for fresh pesto. I like this with the pasta I make when we have Chicken Piccata. The fresh herbs and the lemon sauce on the chicken go great together. When I toss the pasta and the pesto, I add about a quarter cup of pasta water to help things mix and stay together.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp fresh Lemon Juice
- Salt and pepper
- Process garlic, nuts, basil, oil, Parmesan in food processor until smooth.
- Scrape down bowl as needed, about 1 minute.
- Add lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Process again.