After a long day of chores and errands, I needed to cook something quick and easy. Grilled Chicken Caprese seemed like a great choice. I think I started cooking this from a recipe from Cook’s Country, but I am not sure.
Grilled Chicken Caprese
- 4 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4″ slices and patted dry
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken cutlets, trimmed
- 2 tomatoes, cored and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Combine basil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper a in bowl.
- Slowly whisk in oil until thoroughly incorporated.
- Transfer 4 Tbsp vinaigrette to plate and coat both sides mozzarella.
- Reserve remaining vinaigrette.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken and tomatoes over hot fire until chicken is well browned and tomatoes are lightly charred.
- Transfer chicken to platter.
- Top with tomato slices and drizzle with reserved vinaigrette.
- Cover with even layer of mozzarella.
- Stick underneath broiler until cheese is bubbly.
- Drizzle lightly with balsamic vinegar.
- Serve with a nice salad and/or pasta.