It’s noon and I do not know what to make for dinner. Also, I did not thaw anything either. Nor do I want to stop at the store on the way home. The only meat that is not frozen is kielbasa. Now, some nice shrimp, peppers, kielbasa shish kabobs would be tasty. But no shrimp and refer back to not wanting to stop at the store. Oh well, another time.
I am definitely lazy today, so let’s also cut down on the clean up too, That means a one pan meal, let’s go for a kielbasa breakfast skillet! Easy to prepare and just one pan.
- 1 lb kielbasa
- 2 potatoes
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 small yellow onion
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook your eggs the way you like them and set aside
- Slice the kielbasa into 1/4 inch rounds, cook in the pan, set aside
- Dice the potatoes into 1/4 inch cubes, toss with oil, cook in oven
- Dice the onions and peppers into 1/4 inch pieces
- Saute in butter for 3 minutes
- Add the potatoes
- Add the kielbasa
- Season everything the way you like it
- Top with eggs
- Top with shredded sharp cheddar
- Slide under the broiler until cheese is melted
- Serve with breakfast bread of your choice!
There, that was not too bad. Whew, I am done for the day. Oh yeah, I am sure there is some chores to do. But then, there is a book calling to me. Decisions, decisions…..